Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sugar...not so sweet afterall

I gave up sugar, all sugars almost a year ago. Not because I wanted to...lord knows I have a very sweet tooth. I gave it up because I wanted to lose weight AND feel better. Now while I was in the process of trying to find a sugar substitute I discovered many things!! First of all there are sugar substitutes out there that DO still contain sugar. Splenda is one of those :( The one and only product I found that is truly sugar free is Truvia/Stevia. Took me a while to get used to the taste and I mean a long while lol. Also if you notice a product on the store shelves that says "Sugar Free" haha right!! look at the label...if it does not say o grams then guess what?? it contains sugar!! I was so frustrated trying to find something, anything that I could consume without getting sugar!! So far I have found two beverages that are completely sugar free: Cascade Ice and Pepsi Max. Have not really found any food items as of yet so I am really careful about what I choose to eat.
Now back to sugar. This segment aired on TV one night and I just had to share it with you all. I have been suffering with high blood pressure for almost 2 years now. Doctor told me to cut back on sodium. Okay I did that. Still no better. So when i saw this I was like...hmmmm sugar can cause high blood pressure too?? Well.....must be true because now that I don't consume it, I am so much better now. Just a thought. but maybe if you have the same problems you can learn something from this video :)



No comments:

Post a Comment