Thursday, September 26, 2013
I just love decorating for Halloween! It used to be Christmas but retailers have pretty much commercialized it so much it makes me sick.
I no longer have children living at home but I still decorate for when grandkids come by . My oldest grandchild she is 6 and loves coming over because I always spend time doing craft projects with her. This year we are doing luminaries.
This is a fun project for the kids and I even enjoy it :) Here is what you will need:
Glass or Plastic Jars – This is a great craft to upcycle those baby food jars!
Mod Podge or Paste
Colored tissue paper cut into squares
1. Pour Mod Podge on a plate or paint tray. Apply a thin layer to the outside of the jar.
2. Cover the jar with pieces of tissue paper.
3. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge over the tissue paper and let it dry.
4. Decorate your luminary! We made a pumpkin, ghosts and bats
5. Place a lighted LED candle into each jar to make them glow