Saturday, February 18, 2012

This week I was given an opportunity to write a review on an interactive I-pad book for kids called Elfishki and the giant cake! I would like to start out by saying that this app was a big hit with the granddaughter and even my friends kids. With this app the child can choose to either have the story read to them or they can read it themselves which I really think is great since my granddaughter is not able to read as of yet. Her eyes lit up first time hearing it :) Now after the story you can then click over to an interactive game which was her favorite part! Displayed on the page is the giant cake with all sorts of goodies that your child can add to the cake such as candies, cookies and even snails! LOL as you can see here she added a snail.
This is such a wonderful app. So cute. I like that it reads to the child. The cake game is fun. Kept my child busy for hours exploring the book to see what moved. Wonderful book for any child I suggest 5 to 10 years of age. I liked that you can email the cake decorating results. The child can email grandma a picture of the finished cake. The story itself is a great message! Elfishki and The Giant Cake is loaded with captivating, beautifully designed images that your kids are sure to love. Five Star Certified!
  I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

3 comments:

  1. If you would like to get this app here are some links for you: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elfishki-and-the-giant-cake/id486218031?ls=1&mt=8

    their website: http://www.elfishki.com

    their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kidsiphoneapps.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome app. I bet my granddaughter would love to have this one. She will be turning 5 this summer. Thank you for the information. Does it work on a computer. Do I need an iphone? Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe right now it is only available on the ipad...and yes I absolutely love the app!

      Delete